Women Empowerment Principles
The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) are a joint initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact.
As a “gender lens’ of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), it aims at empowering women in order to enable them to increasingly participate in economic life in all sectors and at all levels. It urges business leaders to explicitly commit to the seven principles of corporate policies that promote gender equality.
7 Basic Principle:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work — respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
- Ensure health, safety and well-being of all workers, regardless of gender
- Promote women’s education, training and professional development
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality